Qualifications & Requirements
Hirer needs to have held a driver's licence for a minimum of 2 years
- Aged between 23 – 75
- Driver's aged between 23-24 will incur a young driver's daily surcharge
- No more than 6 penalty points under 5 years and no bans under 10 years
- No more than 1 accident within the last 3 years
- All UK licence holders must go on to the DVLA website within 21 days of your reservation and create a share code
Important Notice for Customers with UK Driving Licences issued in Great Britain
From June 8th 2015, the paper counterpart of the UK photo card driving licence will not be valid and will no longer be issued by the DVLA.
This change applies to Great Britain only and not Northern Ireland. From June 8th 2015 when renting in the UK, Angola, Bahrain, Balearics, Botswana, Canaries, Croatia, Namibia, Oman, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden and Tunisia, all drivers with a UK licence. Great Britain will need to provide evidence of any driving endorsements. This also applies if you have a paper licence that was issued before 1998.
To save time at the counter please bring a print out of your Licence Summary. The Licence Summary will be valid with Hertz for up to 30 days from the “Date generated.”
You will need:
- your driving licence number
- your National Insurance number
- the postcode on your driving licence
Once on the View Driving Licence web page:
- Click on the “Share Your Licence Information” tab.
- Click on the Create a Code button.
- Click the link “to View, print or save your licence information” and print out a copy of your Licence Summary.
Hertz will accept your Licence Summary up to 30 days from the date it was generated.
If you do not have access to a printer, then please obtain the Unique Code that will be displayed. This will allow us to view your Licence Summary online. Please allow extra time for this process.
Note, Unique Codes are case sensitive so it is important to write in upper and lower case letters where relevant. From 10th July 2015 the unique check code is valid for 21 days. Previously the code expired after 72 hours.
To obtain a Unique Code:
What You Need to Bring
You will need to bring the following items with you when you pick up your vehicle:
- Reservation details, including the reservation number, any rental voucher and the address and telephone number of the location from which you will be picking up your car.
- Your full valid driving licence and any necessary international driver's permits.
- A credit card, in the name of the renter, to cover the cost of the hire and deposits plus the credit card you booked with (if different).
- A third form of ID, such as a passport and a utility bill or bank statment no older than 3 months in date at your current residence.
- Full driving licence and additional ID for any additional drivers
All foreign licence holders must produce their driver's licence, passport and return confirmation (flight number) or if you have UK residence you will need 2 Utility Bills dated within the last 3 months